2014/06/06

THE BEST CELEBRITY-APPROVED DIOR MAKEUP TIPS

At the 85-year-old Sunset Tower, discretion is king, and for Dior Beauty’s fifth annual charity lunch, attended by a close circle of stars, each with her makeup artist, the hotel’s legendary Terrace provided a backdrop of quiet Hollywood glamour for an afternoon of serious tip swapping. Best of all, for each couple in attendance, Dior donated funds for one cleft-palate surgery to Operation Smile. 

Christina Hendricks and Beau Nelson

CH: My dress is vintage, and this lip was an homage. BN: We used Dior Contour Lip Liner in Rouge Dior and ultrapigmented Rouge Dior Lipstick in N°999. Blue reds look great on pale skin, brick reds work on medium skin, and orange reds look stunning on darker skin.

Regina Hall and Rea Ann Silva

RAS: Regina loves color, so we used Diorblush in Star Fuchsia. RH: I’m into megalashes right now. I can put on simple falsies myself, but not these dusters by Ja’Maal Buster. RAS: Try trimming off a piece of the strip and applying it to the middle of the upper lash line to open up the eye.

Abigail Spencer and Sunnie Brook Jones

AS: I’ve never done an orange lip before, but I really like this Dior Addict Lip Fluid in Aventure. SBJ: People are afraid of orange, but it works on all skin types. To perfect her brows, I used my go-to: Maybelline New York Great Lash Clear Mascara.

Dianna Agron and Georgie Eisdell

DA: I’ve learned so many makeup tips from Georgie. You’ll have sad eyes if your liner goes even the slightest bit down. GE: I used Diorshow Art Pen on Dianna. DA: And always wear mascara! We love Diorshow Iconic Overcurl. GE: When you think you’re good, do one more coat.

Emily Blunt and Jenn Streicher

JS: On Emily I like to use a soft brown pencil and then smudge it out for a smoky look. EB: We had a slight clash over the lips. JS: We used Dior Addict Lip Fluid in Kiss Me. EB: You need a little pop when you’re wearing all nude, so I let Jenn win this one.

Kate Mara and Amy Chance

KM: I knew we were going to be outside, so I wanted to do something natural. AC: To keep the makeup subtle and fresh, I used a bit of Dior Glow Maximizer primer and applied Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush to the apples of her cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment